Tuesday 19 November 2013

Farewell Charlie Power - Short Film Response

Farewell Charlie Power is a short drama film made by postgraduate students.
It depicts a learning disabled adult who still lives with his elderly parents. He accidentally kills his dad and his mother struggles to live with him.
I liked the short but I didn't like it as much as the others. It was well acted and quite heartbreaking when it came to the father's death. It made me feel uncomfortable when he dug up his father, bathed him and stuck him back in his bedroom to surprise his mother.
I liked the ending - a happy ending is always a good ending. It was an enjoyable short film and I would like to see more from the students who made it as it was beautifully shot; it actually felt like a real film or TV show.

No comments:

Post a Comment